Sara Marie Brenner was raised in Central Ohio. A graduate of Olentangy High School, she studied political science at The Ohio State University and music performance, musical theatre and music business at OSU, Belmont University and Capital University. Her parents also still reside in Liberty Township.
- A member of the national Executive Advisory Board and PAC committee for Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP)
- The Area Action Council Chair for Northwest Columbus for the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) in Ohio and a member of the NFIB Ohio Leadership Council
- A former member of the Board of Directors at Amethyst, Inc., a non-profit organization in Columbus helping women and their families, and of the Board of Trustees at Opera Columbus
- A former member of the Public Policy Committee at the Columbus Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), an organization in which she is still active
- The former Development Committee Chair for the Delaware County Republican Party (2008-2010), an organization in which she is still active
- The former Chair and Chartering Member of the Delaware County Young Republicans Club (2006-2011), and the former Communications Director on the Board of Directors for the Ohio Young Republicans
- A member of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), the Columbus Young Professionals Club, the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), the Greater Powell Area Chamber of Commerce, the Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Female Executives (NAFE), National Association of Professional Women (NAPW), Ohio Music Teachers Association and Music Teachers National Association, Ohio Music Educators Association, American College of Musicians, Athletic Club of Columbus, various Who’s Who listings
- A volunteer on many campaigns for individuals running for office
In 2009, Sara Marie married Andrew Brenner, and they reside in Ohio. She helps on his campaigns and they are involved together in advocating for conservative policies.