Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday, from AP:
1. CHAVEZ DIES, LEAVING A VOID IN VENEZUELA
During his one-of-a-kind rule, oil revenues poured in and poverty fell. But inflation soared, along with the country’s homicide rate.
With Tuesday’s close, the blue-chip index has regained all the losses it suffered during the Great Recession.
3. TSA OKS SMALL KNIVES ON PLANES
The new rule draws an immediate outcry from unions representing flight attendants and other airline workers.
4. SYRIAN REBELS POISED TO CAPTURE ONETIME REGIME STRONGHOLD
5. WHY BRENNAN ISN’T YET HOME FREE
6. THE LIMITS OF LITIGATION AGAINST THE POPE
Now that Benedict has retired, a debate has begun over whether he can be sued by clergy sex abuse victims.
7. WHO DOESN’T NEED TO COME IN TO THE OFFICE
A study says more workers are telecommuting — and men are much more likely than women to be granted the freedom to work at home.
8. ANSWER 12 QUESTIONS AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING
There are quizzes for everything these days. What color to wear, whom to date. And now? When you might die. But take this one with a doctor.
9. CAUSE CELEB
As glitterati boost the anti-fracking cause, some experts say “tremendous health gains” from the shift to cleaner-burning gas are being overlooked.
10. FOX TO ESPN: LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE
Fox is challenging ESPN with a 24-hour sports cable network called Fox Sports 1, set to launch in August.