Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday — from AP:
1. WHO WILL FEEL THE AUTOMATIC BUDGET CUTS FIRST
The long-term jobless will see their unemployment checks shrink by about 10 percent.
2. STAKES HIGH FOR NUCLEAR TALKS
Israel has threatened to use all means to stop Iran from being able to build a bomb, raising the specter of a possible Mideast war.
3. HUGE EXPLOSION ROCKS SYRIA’S CAPITAL
Activists say the explosion targeted a checkpoint and killed at least five regime forces.
4. WHAT ITALY’S ELECTIONS MEAN FOR THE ECONOMY
A possible hung parliament and political paralysis has spooked investors and sent the Dow plunging more than 200 points.
5. WHICH CITIES ARE IN A MIDWEST BLIZZARD’S PATH
6. GET READY FOR .APP, .VEGAS, .TECH AND MORE
By year’s end, hundreds of Internet address suffixes to rival “.com” should be available for people and businesses to use.
7. HOW A FORMER SURGEON GENERAL SURPRISED CONSERVATIVES
8. VOTERS TO PICK REPLACEMENT FOR JESSE JACKSON JR.
The Democratic winner of Tuesday’s primary is expected to cruise through the April election for the disgraced Chicago congressman’s seat.
9. FROM RAGS TO RICHES WITH RETURN OF RING
A homeless panhandler who gave back a woman’s lost engagement band receives an outpouring of nearly $150,000 in donations.
10. CAUSE FOR TREKKIES TO REJOICE
With 200,000 votes, William Shatner‘s “Vulcan” takes the top spot in an online contest to name Pluto’s two newest moons.
Sign up for The Brenner Brief newsletter! Free subscription; unsubscribe any time. Connect with conservative, alternative media — we are “rendering the mainstream media useless” at TheBrennerBrief.com!