Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday, from the AP:
1. WHY IT WAS A BETTER DAY FOR PISTORIUS
Detective’s muddled testimony leaves prosecutors rubbing their heads in frustration.
2. JESSE JACKSON JR. ACCEPTS PLEA DEAL
Former congressman pleads guilty to misusing campaign money — and now faces more than two years in prison and a fine of up to $100,000.
Thieves have successfully recruited ex-employees of U.S. companies who have inside info, the Obama administration says.
4. EGYPT’S POWERFUL MILITARY SIGNALS ITS IMPATIENCE
The tension raises the specter of an intervention to topple the country’s Islamist leaders.
5. A POSSIBLE BOOST FOR SAME-SEX UNIONS
Obama is considering urging the Supreme Court to overturn California’s ban on gay marriage.
6. CRIME MAY NOT PAY, BUT CRIMEFIGHTING CAN
7. WHAT WAS BEHIND ONE HOTEL’S LOW WATER PRESSURE
The Los Angeles establishment discovered a woman’s corpse in a water tank on its roof.
8. YAHOO’S MAKEOVER NOT RADICALLY NEW
But the changes could make the website more addictive, says AP technology writer Michael Liedtke.
9. GAMERS GET SET FOR THE NEW PLAYSTATION
The PS4’s updated controller adds a touchpad, motion control and a “share” button.
10. GOOD LUCK FINDING THE LITTLE WHITE BALL
A freak snowstorm in Arizona halts golf’s Match Play Championship.
Sign up for The Brenner Brief newsletter! Free subscription; unsubscribe any time. Connect with conservative, alternative media — we are “rendering the mainstream media useless” at TheBrennerBrief.com!