Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.
This statement was written by Donald Kaul, a supposed, retired Des Moines Register columnist who’s promised to write only on topics that move him after having a heart attack back in July.
His gun agenda was published on Dec. 29, 2012, two weeks after the Sandy Hook shooting tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.
Kaul is so mad, “madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore,” that he has a program for ending violence in America:
- Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.
- Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional. He wants to make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me.
Threatening government officials of the United States is a serious federal crime. Last time I heard of someone being dragged behind a pickup truck it was the lynching and murder of James Byrd, Jr. in Texas in 1998. Kaul quickly adds that “none of that is going to happen, of course.”
President Barack Obama signed in to law in 2009 the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, which expands existing federal law of hate crimes motivated by race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability. The supporters of 2nd Amendment rights should have been added to the list.
There are other veiled threats of gun right advocates. Piers Morgan, host for CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight, and gun control advocate, interviewed Alex Jones, an outspoken gun advocate, who may have served only to boost Morgan’s dismal ratings. The day after the interview, Abby Huntsman of the Huffington Post went on Morgan’s program and said she’d love to see Piers Morgan “pop” Alex Jones with a semi-automatic, as proposed by Buzz Bissinger of the Daily Beast.
On Jan. 4, 2013, John Noveske, a gun manufacturer and advocate, was killed in an auto accident in Oregon less than a week after posting on Facebook the list of children on psychiatric drugs who have committed mass murders and suicide. His last question was: “What drugs was Peter Lanza on, age 20, killed 26 and wounded 2 in Newton Ct”?
On Jan. 3, 2013, Keith Ratliff was found dead with a shot to the head at a weapons development and testing facility he operated in Carnesville, Georgia. Ratliff was a business partner at FPSRussia, YouTube’s ninth most popular channel with over 3 million subscribers. A self-proclaimed gun nut, Ratfliff said in a rare face appearance in one of his videos, “Every one of you should be able to own an assault weapon of your choice because that’s what the 2nd Amendment is about.”
Other threats against gun manufacturers and distributors are directed at their bank account. Joe Sirochman, owner of American Spirit Arms, an American-made gun manufacturer in Scottsdale, Arizona, was told by Bank of America after they froze nearly $100,000 worth of deposits: “We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the internet.” Although it is legal for the company to do so, it was after Sirochman’s Facebook posting that went viral that Bank of America released the deposits.
Other threats against gun advocates are attacks to shut down their right to free speech. Cyber-bullying is not unique to Facebook, but it is Facebook who now is the bully by disabling accounts with speech that refers to historical British rule in India as a violation of their “community guidelines.”
Girls Just Wanna Have Guns with Regis Giles website puts together other pieces of the puzzle on seeming coincidences of the left’s continued war on the 2nd Amendment.
So, repeal the 2nd Amendment, and the NRA members are terrorists. That seems to be the left’s solution for gun violence.
Sign up for The Brenner Brief newsletter! Free subscription; unsubscribe any time. Connect with conservative, alternative media — we are “rendering the mainstream media useless” at TheBrennerBrief.com!
- Pic: Internet buzz shows Piers Morgan is an idiot; ‘Piers Morgan is’ Google search hilarity (twitchy.com)
- Rupert Murdoch endorses Piers Morgan (politico.com)
- 22-Year-Old Woman Schools Piers Morgan: I Need an AR-15 to ‘Have Enough Ammo to Get the Job Done’ (newsbusters.org)
- The Bill of Rights, with Your Host, Piers Morgan! (nationalreview.com)
- Anti 2nd Amendment Lunatics & Sycophants Like Piers Morgan & Feinsten can NOT Defeat This Video (sgtreport.com)