Some language in this article may be offensive. The verbiage is from union members, not the author or The Brenner Brief. The posts have not be redacted.
According to the unions, right to work (RTW) laws hurt women and other minorities, which is a part of a diabolical anti-woman plot by those he-man women-hating club Republicans. Scary! However, the truth is even more frightening as the war being waged against women comes from the very unions who promise to fight for them – the grand deception.
Let’s review the involvement of women on the boards of some of the nation’s unions:
- On the Teamsters executive board, there are only two are women, and one is African-American.
- The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) has not one woman on their executive board, nor does the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW – think grocery stores).
- The infamous Bakery Union, which gained notoriety for ending the Hostess Brand, has not one woman on their executive board.
- The Steelworkers Union, headed by the self-avowed communist, Leo Gerard, has one women.
- LIUNA represents members working in construction, environmental remediation, maintenance, food service, health care, clerical and other occupations. LIUNA (Laborers’ International Union of North America) has not one woman on their executive board.
These are the heavy hitter unions with memberships in the hundreds of thousands, and in the Teamsters’ case, over a million. I could go on with other unions and with the absence of other minorities, but that would make this a lengthy read. This is a culture of the unions.
The following is a sample from a union chat board:
Under the heading of Anne Coulter Says:
Who Are You (Union Member) – “Ann Coulter is hilarious. The blonde bimbo is a right-wing bible hugging conservative traditionalist wacko!”
11:58pm (member) – Would you bang Ann?
Who Are You – Just to hurt her
Farley (member) — before you speculate about copulating with Ann Coulter, I do hope that you noticed the prominent Adam’s Apple.
Maybe you think that this is just a hostile attack because it’s Ann Coulter. Perhaps you should read on to see how they deal with an average everyday working woman.
This is also from a union message board, in a posted discussion over salaries paid for by the members’ dues:
Sherri Henry – MEMBERS DUES PAY FOR THESE SALARIES, NOT MINE!
11:58pm responded – Be quiet t w a t . The things you don’t understand could fill volumes of books. The only words you should understand are “now swallow”!
That was followed by this posting:
Teaking – Why is this cunt still on here?
Do you find this offensive? The outrage of the left over birth control while claiming the conservative movement would send women back to the Middle Ages should be exposed to the public for what it is. Pure hypocrisy by the left.
Therefore, can the GOP please explain why they are always on the defensive in the left’s manufactured war on women? The GOP should find their backbone and start asking openly the tough questions. Such as, Mr. Hoffa — can you explain why you only have two women on your executive board? Or, why women are referred to as “tokens” by your rank and file?
Maybe Mr. Gerard can explain the overwhelming absence of women in leadership roles in his union, or can the UFCW answer with pride how many women are running their locals. They can say they are democratically elected, but their leadership chooses their slates of candidates.
At this point, the conservative movement should be bringing this to the public eye. If the GOP’s record on women can be debated in the press, certainly we can let the public debate the record of accomplishment of unions in regards to women.
What I wrote about today is only a sample. There is more than enough ammunition to start defining the real “unions” for the American people. As the Minnesota Vikings showed us recently, you cannot win if you are always on the defensive. It is time to go on the offensive and bring the fight to the unions.
Free subscription; unsubscribe any time. Connect with conservative, alternative media — we are “rendering the mainstream media useless” at TheBrennerBrief.com!
- Wingnuts Turn On Ann Coulter (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- Shame on Fordham (legalinsurrection.com)
- When Ann Coulter (Almost) Came to Fordham (thecollegeconservative.com)
- Ann Coulter: ‘Republicans Have to Make Sure the Economy Gets Blamed on Obama’ (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Ann Coulter Tells Sean Hannity GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes For The Rich (VIDEO) (americanlivewire.com)