Very interesting how the Congressional and Judicial leadership, as well as government executives, are all held just under the infamous $250,000 mark. Will their taxes be going up?
From The Weekly Standard:
President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.
According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he’ll now make $231,900 per year.
Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.
Here’s the list of new wages, as attached to President Obama’s executive order:
“A new executive order has been issued providing for a new pay schedule beginning ‘on the first day of the first applicable pay period beginning after March 27, 2013,'” reports FedSmith.com. “The pay raise will generally be about 1/2 of 1%.”
Jeryl Bier points to an example of the pay increase for average government executives:
“Not much of an increase, but an increase all the same,” Bier notes.
And the timing isn’t great either: Just as President Obama and Congress try to avert going over the “fiscal cliff,” he doles out pay increases to federal workers.
- Obama Orders Pay Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers (weeklystandard.com)
- Obama Orders Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Obama Orders Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers (vineoflife.net)
- Obama’s fiscal cliff solution? Federal pay raises! (twitchy.com)
- Obama Orders Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers (radicallyrural.wordpress.com)