- Charlotte Bacon, age 6
- Daniel Barden, age 7
- Olivia Engel, age 6
- Josephine Gay, age 7
- Ana Marquez Greene, age 6
- Dylan Hockley, age 6
- Madeleine F. Hsu, age 6
- Catherine Hubbard, age 6
- Chase Kowalski, age 7
- Jesse Lewis, age 6
- James Mattioli, age 6
- Grace Audrey McDonnell, age 7
- Emilie Parker, age 6
- Jack Pinto, age 6
- Noah Pozner, age 6
- Caroline Previdi, age 6
- Jessica Rekos, age 6
- Avielle Richman, age 6
- Benjamin Wheeler, age 6
- Allison Wyatt, age 6
- Rachel Davino, age 29
- Dawn Hochsprung, age 47
- Nancy Lanza, age 52
- Anne Marie Murphy, age 52
- Lauren Rousseau, age 30
- Mary Sherlach, age 56
- Victoria Sota, age 27
When read thoughtfully it takes about fifty seconds to read the list. It is comprised of twenty-seven victims: twenty children and seven women. It is a litany of innocence and heroism.
One would expect people of goodwill to have the victims and their families in mind when commenting on the tragedy. One would hope that events so horrific, so unspeakably evil, like the Newtown shootings, would not be perverted for political gain.
The clock had yet to strike midnight on Friday, December 14 and media outlets, Democrats, and members of the celebrity intelligentsia were pointing to guns as the cause from. Coincidentally, Richard D. Baris wrote on The Brenner Brief last week about The 3 Groups That Constitute the “Democrat Coalition. Dianne Feinstein said Congress should reinstate the assault weapons ban the first day of Congress. Michael Moore gave a speech in which he said it is not just that Americans love guns, they love killing. As The Brenner Brief noted, a University of Rhode Island professor retweeted the sentiment that anyone who believes teachers should be armed should be murdered. Death threats have been pouring in at the NRA. There has also been talk of the 2nd Amendment becoming obsolete, and Ed Shultz of MSNBC tweeted that the confiscation of all guns should begin now. The President even referenced the attack at press conference as a reason for compromise on the fiscal cliff negotiations.
They need no additional facts than what The Brenner Brief reported on December 18, explaining that the murderer may have killed his mother because she planned on having him committed and he thought she loved the school more than he. They have no need to wait for investigations and study of other factors that led to such a travesty. It is far easier and politically expedient to blame “those guys” or “the clingers” of guns and Bibles.
Of course, all issues should be on the table. But, not before we have answers to the myriad of questions yet to be answered. This goes far beyond the usual “we have to do something” reflex from the political class. It is another case of this administration not letting “a crisis go to waste” and a wedge issue further dividing our country. How sad and typical of the left and this president.
To the president, Democrats, and the likes of Michael Moore: stop using the victims of the Newtown shooting as the fulcrum of your socialist lever. People of good will, meanwhile, will be praying for the victims, the heroes, their families, the first responders, the police and for Newtown. We will pray for our children, and wait for the results of the investigations, then discern what (if anything) can be done.
- New Mexico professor uses Newtown massacre to mock Christianity (twitchy.com)
- Sick: Disgraced Rhode Island prof Erik Loomis wanted to ‘hunt down Dick Morris like a pig’ (thebrennerbrief.com)
- Illustration: Santa Makes An Early Appearance (thebrennerbrief.com)
- University of Rhode Island professor’s retweet: Murder anyone who thinks teachers should be armed (thebrennerbrief.com)
- The 3 Groups That Constitute the “Democrat Coalition” (thebrennerbrief.com)
- TRANSCRIPT: ‘We have wept with you,’ Obama says in Newtown speech (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Gun-control laws failed Connecticut children (wnd.com)
- Unions and “Choice” – The Hypocrisy Continues (thebrennerbrief.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (thebrennerbrief.com)